The tax season is approaching, and Penn State Global Programs office is looking for volunteers to help with the information sessions in March and April. Volunteers would be assisting Penn State international students/scholars through the Annual Tax Workshop. Specific volunteer opportunities include: information presenters on basic tax knowledge, greeters/receptionists, and general volunteers (set up of workshop, copying papers, assisting as needed). Language assistant volunteers are also welcome to help with confusing tax terminology and filing processes.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Wenjie Fu at [email protected]
Join us for the November Meeting of Global Connections. The November Meeting is the Annual Meeting and officer elections for the 2020 year will occur. Our meetings are open meetings. All are invited and all members are encouraged to bring friends!
- When: 6:30 pm-8:30 pm, Wednesday, November 6th
- Where: Canterbury Hall, St. Andrews Episcopal Church, 208 W. Foster Avenue, State College, PA
Please feel free to share this meeting announcement widely.
Plan of Activities:
- Hors d’oeuvres provided by The Community Cafe at St. Andrews
- Committee Work (All committee meetings are open meetings)
- Short Business Meeting
- Primary Item of Business – Officer Elections
- Current Election Ballot (Nominations from Floor are also accepted)
- President: Melanie Miller Foster
- Vice President:Bob Persiko
- Treasurer:Bruce Truitt
- Past President:Susan Steinberg
- Secretary:Open until filled
- Public Relations:Open until filled
- Educational Program: What is 10,000 Villages? A Local Non-Profit’s Story. https://www.facebook.com/TenThousandVillagesStateCollege/
We gladly accept membership applications the night of the meeting,
2019 Public Relations Officer
2019 Membership Committee Chair