Please note that our regular monthly meeting in December is not on the first Wednesday of the month as usual, but the SECOND Wednesday. We hope that you can join us!
This month the special program will include hearing from three Cuban lawyers who are visiting State College. Please join us for this special presentation.
We will also have our regular committee and business meetings. We are not a religious organization, but we have our meetings in Canterbury Hall of St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church. All are welcome to join!
Members of one of the Global Connections ESL classes participated in a intercultural communication workshop in a Penn State class earlier this week. Here are a few images from this great experience:
A local event that may be of interest:
Join us for the November Meeting of Global Connections. The November Meeting is the Annual Meeting and officer elections for the 2020 year will occur. Our meetings are open meetings. All are invited and all members are encouraged to bring friends!
- When: 6:30 pm-8:30 pm, Wednesday, November 6th
- Where: Canterbury Hall, St. Andrews Episcopal Church, 208 W. Foster Avenue, State College, PA
Please feel free to share this meeting announcement widely.
Plan of Activities:
- Hors d’oeuvres provided by The Community Cafe at St. Andrews
- Committee Work (All committee meetings are open meetings)
- Short Business Meeting
- Primary Item of Business – Officer Elections
- Current Election Ballot (Nominations from Floor are also accepted)
- President: Melanie Miller Foster
- Vice President:Bob Persiko
- Treasurer:Bruce Truitt
- Past President:Susan Steinberg
- Secretary:Open until filled
- Public Relations:Open until filled
- Educational Program: What is 10,000 Villages? A Local Non-Profit’s Story. https://www.facebook.com/TenThousandVillagesStateCollege/
We gladly accept membership applications the night of the meeting,
2019 Public Relations Officer
2019 Membership Committee Chair