Consider lending your time, vision, and leadership to have a more active role in helping our community. Become an executive committee member for Global Connections!
Available positions include:
- President (Term Expiring in 2022)
- Vice President (Term Expiring in 2022)
- Public Relations Officer (Term Expiring in 2022)
- Past President (Term Expiring in 2022)
- Secretary (Term Expiring in 2023)
Additional information about each position is noted below. The Elections for the positions will take place in November. If you are interested to secure your spot on the ballot, please reach out to the Nominating Committee Chair, Melanie Miller Foster at [email protected] by October 8, 2021.
The description of duties for each of the positions, as described in our bylaws, can be found below:
- Duties of the President – The duties of the president include presiding at the business meetings of the organization, presiding at the meetings of the executive committee, appointing standing and special committees and taking any other action necessary to carry out the mandate of the membership. The president will be an ex-officio member of all committees.
- Duties of Vice President. The duties of the Vice President include serving as chair of the program of activities standing committee and assuming the duties of the president in the absence of the president.
- Duties of Secretary. The duties of the secretary include keeping the minutes of all organization meetings and transmitting such minutes to the membership. The secretary shall be responsible for organization correspondence including, but not limited to, the organization’s official electronic mail. The Secretary shall also serve as secretary to the executive committee.
- Duties of Public Relations Officer. The duties of the Public Relations Officer shall be marketing and advertising all organization activities and opportunities as deemed appropriate.
- Duties of the Past President. The duties of the immediate past president include serving as an advisor to the president and chairing the nominating standing committee.